Thursday, June 18, 2009

Preparation

San Jose is mere hours away. Flying out of BR and then again into DFW I was struck as always by the seemingly endless curving lines of houses filling miles and miles of property with the all-American single family home. Sprawling Neighborhoods where mom and dad drop the kids off to school before commuting an hour each way in separate cars.

How can cycling enrich their lives?

How can I reach out and improve their quality of life with a mere bicycle?

I don’t know yet. I have ideas, I know what I would want in their shoes. I know what I DO want in their shoes.

It has to be a combination of what we need, what we want, and what will work. Only when we compromise can we be successful.

It’s not ideal, but it’s a start.

I hate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment